[Rhodes22-list] Fw: [rhodes-list] Trailer Brakes Question

Mary Lou Troy rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 08:11:31 -0400

Michael,
The article I saw mentioned that but evidently most of the discussion prior
to the veto had to do with the fact that they (the MD administration)
didn't want to approve something not approved by the Federal Dept. of
Transportation. I suspect that the Fed. DOT doesn't even get into
recreational vehicles. I can understand why they might not want to have
surge brakes on a semi. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
There are an awful lot of boats on trailers in MD. Don't know if the
BOAT/US legislative group is monitoring but they've been effective in
lobbying in the past.

Mary Lou