[Rhodes22-list] ST1000+ Tiller Pilot

David Rasberry rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:24:59 -0400

In principle, the tiller pilot arm has to be long enough to reach the
centerline of the cockpit from the pedestal base when in its centered
position. Since the Rhodes cockpit is wider than typical for small boats, it
doesn't seem too unusual for it to need a longer extension if you mount it
on the gunnel.

Razz

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-admin@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-admin@rhodes22.org]On Behalf Of Eaton, Gil
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 11:10 AM
To: 'rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org'
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] ST1000+ Tiller Pilot

    Hi group,
    Started to install the Raymarine St1000+ on the startboard gunnel per
FAQ info.  The 3" pedestal base would be close to the captain's chair, but
it still clears....but I find that I would need a third 5" extension for the
reach to the tiller.  Am I trying to install it in the wrong place?  An
extension of 15" seems a bit much. Appreciate any info, picture would be
worth a thousand words.
    Thanks

Gil Eaton
S/V Closing Time