[Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes22-list digest, Vol 1 #77 trailer brakes

Rick Redmond rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 20:58:46 -0400

 Ed,

There is actually a regulation under the DOT rules that surge brakes are
illegal.  Not being a lawyer, I would have assumed that in the section this
rule is located, it would apply to commercial semi trailers.  Now the good
governor of MD has outlawed them for recreational trailers and I guess that
mean all those large u-haul style trailers are included too.

Rick