[Rhodes22-list] IMF Problem

rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 22:47:58 EDT

--part1_70.20eb0885.2a8335de_boundary

I am having problems with the IMF jamming when I try to pull the sail out. If
the block is lowered all the way to the deck, the sail will go out and in
with no problems. But if I try to raise it to either position (with the pin),
the sail jams on the way out. I think the pole holding the IMF slips down
when I move the block off the deck. I have no clue how to go about fixing
this. Is it easy to take the block off the pole (I know its just screwed on,
but I'm afraid if I unscrew it, parts will fall to the bottom of the mast and
I won't know how to put it back together. Any suggestions?

Carol
s/v Painkiller

--part1_70.20eb0885.2a8335de_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I am having problems with the IMF jamming when I try to pull the sail out. If the block is lowered all the way to the deck, the sail will go out and in with no problems. But if I try to raise it to either position (with the pin), the sail jams on the way out. I think the pole holding the IMF slips down when I move the block off the deck. I have no clue how to go about fixing this. Is it easy to take the block off the pole (I know its just screwed on, but I'm afraid if I unscrew it, parts will fall to the bottom of the mast and I won't know how to put it back together. Any suggestions?<BR>
<BR>
Carol<BR>
s/v Painkiller</FONT></HTML>

--part1_70.20eb0885.2a8335de_boundary--