[Rhodes22-list] RE: Cabin Modification

Roland.John rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:25:50 -0400

Thanks Paul,  I'll have to look at those chairs.  Are they legless to =
use on the settee or short legged to use on the cabin floor? Standing =
headroom is not an issue, as you noted, Stan has solved that one with =
the pop-top and its enclosure.  Regards  John

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Grandholm [mailto:PAUL@mi.chtechnology.com]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 12:01 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Sailing on a Catalina 22

Gee John,

     You're really serious about this sitting headroom thing aren't you? =
=20
I'm 6'2" and I would like to suggest that if sitting headroom is that=20
important to you, then standing headroom will be just as important if =
not=20
more so over the long haul.  I get that with the Rhodes 22 Pop Top.  I=20
had to go to a boat over 30' before I could stand up in the cabin. =20
Obviously your cost is commensurate to boat length.  A simple solution =
is=20
to sit in the cabin with your back to the hatch.  To make this=20
arrangement comfortable, buy a "Sport Seat" for $60.00 at any boat show. =
=20
I think Stan sells them too.  They're portable, padded, and have an=20
adjustable back (from 90 degrees straight up to 180 degrees completely=20
flat).  They come in a multitude of colors.  I have two on the boat for=20
guests which I use mainly in the cockpit.  In the off season, we bring=20
them home to sometimes sit on the floor next to the fireplace.  They're=20
that comfortable.

Paul