[Rhodes22-list] Mast Base-plate

Keith Bracknell rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 06:29:52 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2059885922-1029763792=:42596

I would appreciate any insight anyone on the list might be able to provide for this problem.

A bolt has worked its way out of the mast base-plate about 2 inches. As it worked its way out of the base-plate it also has impinged on outside edge of the IMF mast, narrowing the opening  The bolt's position on the base-plate is starboard, aft. I have had my R-22 (Aria) newly moored for about a week or so in North Cove. I would guess maybe that the mast has been moving as the boat rocks with the waves. North Cove is protected--very little wave action.

To fix this I would guess I need to screw the bolt back into the cabin top. However, that doesn't fix what caused this. The backstay adjustment was a little loose. I tightened the adjustment.

Keith Bracknell, Old Saybrook, CT