[Rhodes22-list] Great Sail Last Sunday

ronald rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:15:31 -0500

Rafe,

    My son and I were out Sunday too.  Beautiful day and a wonderful show.
We sailed with main only so we had a good view of the sky.  The Blue
Angels made their entrance about 150 ft over our heads.  We managed to
avoid any collisions with the thousands(?) of boats (it looked like an
upscale
version of the Normandy invasion). I, of course, had to steer while my
son
lay on the foredeck and acted as plane spotter.  We also got an up close
look
at the F14 as it turned over Monroe Harbor for it's pass.  The only
painful part
was sitting for an hour at our mooring waiting for the tender to pick us
up.

Ron Lipton