[Rhodes22-list] RE: Michigan City Boat Show

Paul Grandholm rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:26:00 -0400

Julie,

     Ron's right about the traffic.  All the traffic from that point
North has to funnel down around the Southern edge of Lake Michigan
(including all of Chicago).
     We are completely flexible.  Since you're coming the furthest and
Ron has other commitments to work around, we can adjust to what works
best for you.  Ken & I had talked about trying to get everyone together
for dinner one night.  Right now Saturday looks like it might be the best
time.  We thought Galveston's Steak House might work best since it is so
close, relatively large & rarely crowded.  Ron, it's nice of you to offer
your place, but with everything else you have going on that weekend,
going to a restaurant might be easier on you & your family.
     Julie, let me know if you want to drive 10 or 15 minutes North to
New Buffalo, Michigan to see my boat, so we can arrange when and where to
meet.  I'm not sure if you'll see any more than you would on Stan's
display model but you're welcome to look it over for comparison value and
go for a sail.
     Glen & Doreen:  Do you or any of the Chicago Rhodies have any plans
to come over?

Paul

>Getting around Chicago late on a Friday afternoon is a nightmare.  Try to
> pass through a little earlier if
>possible.  We could meet for drinks and perhaps a cookout at our house in
> Long Beach, about 10
>minutes from Washington Park, in the late afternoon on Saturday (I have to
> work Friday and meet
>relatives in Chicago on Sunday).  If that doesn't work out we could meet for
> drinks at Basil's, a few
>blocks in from the harbor or on the yacht club deck.
>

>Ron Lipton

Paul Grandholm
C&H Technology
GrandPower Components Div.