[Rhodes22-list] NYC Marinas

Bill Berner rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:13:12 -0400

Bill -

Read your post about NYC marinas.

The marina at 23rd St. is very pricey nd I think may even have a 35'
minimum charge.  Similar situation downtown (if it's back open yet).

I've stayed across the river at Newport Cove in Jersey City which is
easily accessible by PATH.  Liberty Landing is just south (if I remember
right) of Newport and has a shuttle Ferry that goes somewhere downtown.

The great deal is the public dock in Manhattan by Chambers Street.  I
think its Pier 16.  I know it's very cheap., but don't know if there are
moorings for transients.

I drive past the mooring field connected to 79th St. Boat basin a lot on
the HH Parkway, and I always see a lot of open moorings there.

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896
f 914 478 3856

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-admin@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-admin@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Bill Effros
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 2:19 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] NYC Marinas

Richard,

My real interest is in NYC Marinas.  We are just about to pick up a
place in
Brooklyn Heights.  We will keep our place in Greenwich.  Looking ahead,
would like to be able to bring the boat down to NYC sometimes.  I have
cars
in both locations, so I don't have to keep the boat near the house
unless it
works out.

It looks like your marina is 3 hours by sea and 15 minutes by car from
where
I will be in Brooklyn.  The 23rd Street Manhattan Marina is probably 15
minutes by either car or boat.  I know there were plans to develop the
waterfront in Brooklyn Heights, Dumbo, and Greenpoint.  Has there been
any
progress there?

Any thoughts you might have about where to keep the boat on a transient
basis, and where to sail would be welcome.  No rush, though.  I won't be
sailing down there until next year.

Bill Effros