[Rhodes22-list] Document library

rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:38:47 EDT

--part1_9d.2d3142ac.2aa123c7_boundary

The owners manual is NOT copyrighted. It is readily available to be copied
and sent privately, for private use. However, I think if someone were to make
copies and sell them, that would be a different story.
Another thought, perhaps buying such an old boat, in it's present condition
for someone with little or no knowledge, was not the best choice for a first
boat.
That being said, any questions you want answered will be addressed by list
members. They are a very tolerant and knowledgeable group, just be patient
and you too will be sailing a wonderful craft. Try finding an owners manual
for a Chrysler sailboat sometime. At least our manufacturer is still in
business......as of my last visit to Edenton. :) Sometimes a little cranky
when people want something for nothing, but I kinda like him like that.
Speaking of being in business. I have recently passed two large sailboat
manufacturing plants in my travels. Normally you would find many hulls about
the yard in various stages of construction or simply waiting for shipping.
Neither yard had ANY boats to be seen. Must be tough to be a boat builder
these days.

Rummy

--part1_9d.2d3142ac.2aa123c7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">The owners manual is NOT copyrighted. It is readily available to be copied and sent privately, for private use. However, I think if someone were to make copies and sell them, that would be a different story.<BR>
Another thought, perhaps buying such an old boat, in it's present condition for someone with little or no knowledge, was not the best choice for a first boat.<BR>
That being said, any questions you want answered will be addressed by list members. They are a very tolerant and knowledgeable group, just be patient and you too will be sailing a wonderful craft. Try finding an owners manual for a Chrysler sailboat sometime. At least our manufacturer is still in business......as of my last visit to Edenton. :) Sometimes a little cranky when people want something for nothing, but I kinda like him like that.<BR>
Speaking of being in business. I have recently passed two large sailboat manufacturing plants in my travels. Normally you would find many hulls about the yard in various stages of construction or simply waiting for shipping. Neither yard had ANY boats to be seen. Must be tough to be a boat builder these days. <BR>
<BR>
Rummy</FONT></HTML>

--part1_9d.2d3142ac.2aa123c7_boundary--