[Rhodes22-list] Document library

Ed Kroposki rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:58:05 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C2505F.8E2ACCC0

Rummy:
       Gee, Toad can even buy pictures of how your boat is rigged.
       Best not tell him that every Rhodes22 that I have seen is =
different from everyother.  How many are there on Hartwell Lake?  I =
guess mine comes close to yours at first glance.  But it doesn't take a =
minute to start finding differences.  The three Rhodes at Big Water are =
only similar in the shape of the hull.  How do you tell somebody that =
any parts list for a Rhodes22 is good only for one Rhodes22?  These are =
not like Chevy's or Ford's, where there was a large run on an assembly =
line.  When somebody wants a Rhodes from Stan, he ask what do you want, =
then produces that individual boat.  Many of the unique parts are =
supplied by buyer.  How many Rhodes have the same compass?  Or even the =
Compass in the same place?
    For Stan each Rhodes22 is a piece of Art.  And to further complicate =
the change of equipment, Stan gets up in the wee hours of the morning =
experimenting with new and different things on the Rhodes.=20
     How many boat shows has Stan gone to?  I believe that Stan himself =
said that he goes around looking for new equipment, ideas and then tries =
to see if they will work with the Rhodes22.
     Now after 30+ years of evolution, he is asked for an equipment and =
parts list?  Back in July, I stood next to a 1974 Rhodes22.  Its hull =
was shaped like my 1984.  But I looked at the boat I.D. plate to be 100% =
certain it really was an early brother. =20
      Earlier this year I toured a 2002 Rhodes22.  The hull was shaped =
like my boat.  And the IMF and Genoa were rigged similarly to my boat.  =
But feature wise it was like a camel and a cow. =20
                                     Ed K      =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20