[Rhodes22-list] Todd's No Tell Policy

lcrowther rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:16:38 -0400

Todd,

I have been following your correspondence on this list as have all the list
members and would like to offer the following comments.

Two direct questions were asked of you that I don't recall you answered.
The first was where do you live.  You complain that you have found a few
Rhodes22s in marina/s near you but would not go on another persons boat
without their permission.  In my marina there are two Rhodes22s.  One was
made in the seventies, mine is a mid-eighties version.  I have shown my boat
to a couple of people who indicated an interest in looking.  Maybe mine is
one of the ones you found but how would I know.

The second direct question I missed the answer to was your boat serial
number.  I see that you have finally seen fit to share the first three
letters of that number.  Assuming the boat isn't hot, the full number
includes the year of manufacture.  This number will encourage people with
boats built in that time frame to try to help you, i.e., I know my boat
doesn't have a new style centerboard because it was built before they became
the daily special.  While I find these options interesting, if I wanted to
know about my boat this would add little to my knowledge.

I am amazed at the hoops the members of this list have jumped through for
you.  You have received more attention that anyone in the three years I have
been following this list.  Not that I would expect any less from the members
of the list, but I have gotten use to people here who share rather than play
poker with such a knowledgeable group.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck in your boat rebuilding
efforts.

Lloyd
s/v Uhuru II