[Rhodes22-list] Document library

General Boats rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:40:52 -0400

--------------2110B8FB7620EFC0481F406F

Dear Rhodies:

We will try to respond to your thread re some of GBI's policies in an
unconventional manner - a series of e-mails tied to the issue of the
particular Rhodes owner.

Response #3.

Toad:

We agree with Toad in his saying,

> "You are right. I should not have gotten this boat ......"
>
> The Rhodes is a very special boat and the kind of buyers it attracts
> are even more special.  Not everyone can feel comfortable in this
> enviorn and that is why the god of sailboat manufacturing made Hunters
> and Macgregors and Catalinas. And that is why some who only recognize
> the differences without owning a Rhodes, like a Razz, do feel
> comfortable in this setting.
>
> Toad says that, "The only reason I have this boat is because it was a
> freebie,,," and that has conditioned him to expect not only free
> service but instant free service, even if it should cause poorer
> service to those who have paid for their boats. And we are with Toad,
> if only we could be shown the way.
>
> Toad goes on to say, "I downloaded and read the manual for the
> Chrysler...pretty remarkable for a company no longer in business huh?"
>
> Let me tell you a little incident about Chrysler.  As many of you
> know, we are an amazingly old company for the sailboat busines - 43
> years old.  And, an unbelievably small company for our age and the
> noise we make - only 4 new Rhodes last year.
>
> Long after we had been in business Chrysler came along and decided to
> go head on with us with a new 22.  When Chrysler needed help they went
> to the government and got millions to bail them out. I bunked into my
> congressman one day and told him I wanted to compalin about a
> discrimiantion issue.  He put his arm around me and said, "we can't
> allow that".  So I explained that I was being discriminated against
> because I could not get the government to give us money yet they gave
> it to another company competing with us building a 22' sailboat.  He
> said he voted for that loan because they were big and we were just too
> small to be oncerned with.
>
> The Chryslers were nice boats but had some major design flaws and they
> were discontinued. If you feel that to be able to get their manual
> free is an asset - for heaven's sake, buy a Chrysler.  Our manuals are
> also free - just buy a Rhodes.

stan/gbi

--------------2110B8FB7620EFC0481F406F

Dear Rhodies:
unconventional manner - a series of e-mails tied to the issue of the particular
Rhodes owner.
this boat ......"
are even more special.&nbsp; Not everyone can feel comfortable in this
enviorn and that is why the god of sailboat manufacturing made Hunters
and Macgregors and Catalinas. And that is why some who only recognize the
differences without owning a Rhodes, like a Razz, do feel comfortable in
this setting.
a freebie,,," and that has conditioned him to expect not only free service
but instant free service, even if it should cause poorer service to those
who have paid for their boats. And we are with Toad, if only we could be
shown the way.
remarkable for a company no longer in business huh?"
know, we are an amazingly old company for the sailboat busines - 43 years
old.&nbsp; And, an unbelievably small company for our age and the noise
we make - only 4 new Rhodes last year.
go head on with us with a new 22.&nbsp; When Chrysler needed help they
went to the government and got millions to bail them out. I bunked into
my congressman one day and told him I wanted to compalin about a discrimiantion
issue.&nbsp; He put his arm around me and said, "we can't allow that".&nbsp;
So I explained that I was being discriminated against because I could not
get the government to give us money yet they gave it to another company
competing with us building a 22' sailboat.&nbsp; He said he voted for that
loan because they were big and we were just too small to be oncerned with.
were discontinued. If you feel that to be able to get their manual free
is an asset - for heaven's sake, buy a Chrysler.&nbsp; Our manuals are
also free - just buy a Rhodes.</div>
stan/gbi</html>

--------------2110B8FB7620EFC0481F406F--