front loading icebox tip (was Re: [Rhodes22-list] Desktop Picture)

Mary Lou Troy rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:14:04 -0400

At 04:06 AM 7/25/2002 -0500, Slim wrote:
>   Since we have a front loading ice box on the starboard
>side, she tells me when we have to tack for food and beverages.  If we're on
>a starboard tack, she can't open the cooler or everything will tumble out.
>:-)

We took a couple of the smallest spring loaded cafe curtain rods we could
find (short, small diameter) and use them as rails across the front of  the
icebox interior to keep things from flying out. Works well when we are
slightly heeled or when the icebox is really full. Won't help if you are
really heeled. They've rusted some after a couple of years but they still
work and are cheap to replace.

Mary Lou