[Rhodes22-list] New Guy

Dennis J Sitler rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:34:35 -0400

Hi John,
I am currently working on a 1974 Rhodes that I bought last fall. Some things
to think about. How much time do you want or have to spend working on a
boat. How much do you know about what's good or not so good on the condition
of boats. I have found some of this out the hard way. What are your skills,
like working with epoxy, wood, or mechanical. This has been a educational
experiance I really didn't need. MJM had good advice when he said do you
want to work on a boat or sail a boat. The only sailing I have done this
year is on my 14 footer. When you get a reconditioned Rhodes, everything is
like it should be, ready to sail. What is the difference worth? You will
have to decide. There are a lot of great people on the Rhodes list that will
help you whatever you decide.

Denny,
1974 R22 Gossamer Wing
Berwick, PA

----- Original Message -----
From: Roland.John <roland.john@ensco.com>
To: Rhodes22-Owners (E-mail) <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 1:26 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] New Guy

Greetings;

I just joined the list and wanted to say hello.  I'm a wannabe Rhodie at
present and trying to decide whether to buy a cheap project boat now (a
Rhodes) or save my pennies and buy a recycled Rhodes later from the
Spitzers.  I'd like to hear from anyone who has restored a Rhodes on their
own and has some advice to share.  I live near Washington DC and would be
sailing mostly on the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay and would also like
to meet Rhodies in my area.

John S. Roland  -  Senior Staff Engineer
ENSCO Inc.  5400 Port Royal Road, Springfield VA 22151-2312
voice; (703) 321-4614      fax; (703) 321-4609     roland.john@ensco.com
www.ensco.com