[Rhodes22-list] good ones

Steve rhodes2282@yahoo.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:17:40 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, Rik.  Greer Ferry is a great lake.  The narrors
is the passage to the northern part of the lake.
There is a mounthin called Sugar Loaf that has a boat
dock (mounthan is surrounded by water)where you can
dock and climb it.  Talk about a view of the lake from
up on top.  The big water in the southern part of the
lake is about 7 mile across (something like that).
That the area we set up the sailboat races.  Its
plenty big enough for a full olimpic course.
Although, the club has been running mostly
windard/leward courses.  The lake has restictions that
don't allow new boat docks and there is a limit to
development so far from the the water normal lake
level.  So other than the folks that grandfathered in
dock and full development to the water edge; you can
anchor in any cove and it is generally wooded area
between you and any of the houses.  Also, there are
several islands in the lake.  One that most of us
sailboaters use is Goat Island.  Is has a cove that is
pertected from 3 sides.  Makes great anchoring.
Steve