[Rhodes22-list] digital cameras and other random electronic thoughts

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 06:56:03 -0800 (PST)

Today's "big ticket" purchase is going to be a photo
printer.  We have an expression in my profession:
"measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a grease
pencil, cut it with an ax".  I've researched photo
printers to death and now will go out and buy whatever
is on sale at WalMart, Sam's, Office Depot, etc.
However, what I learned from my digital camera
experience is to pay attention to battery life.  My
Cannon A50 was very, very highly rated when I bought
it about two years ago.  Now its an antique and can be
had for half as much, always the case with computer
and electronic goods.  One complaint the reviewers
noticed that I ignored was how fast it runs through
batteries.  I use about 4 to 5 per year at $10 each.
If you are buying a new digital I recommend one that
goes easy on the power requirements or get a charger.
No matter what you end up with a new model will come
out the following month that is faster, better,
cheaper.

Brad Haslett