[Rhodes22-list] Internet Access Provider may be going belly up

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 15:36:27 -0500

Michael:
         Since August, my internet provider has had numerous problems
and service outages. I have got another month before he asks me to
re-up.
         This weekend, I have been receiving all the time as far as I
can tell, but have been able to send only part time.  And, some of my
replies seem to have gone to never never land.  I bet that by noon
Monday, they will find my sent emails and send them on.  I have seen
only my reply to Wally sent today, Sunday, posted on the list.
Actually, I have sent others.
      Maybe these guys could use your computer skills.  Geographically,
they cover about 1/2 of South Carolina.  There was a change in
management in August, but they say not a change in ownership.  Since the
former management was the ownership, I wonder how.
       They claim that they are upgrading equipment.  But they are not
too good on telling subscribers what to expect next.  According to their
system status, they are not having problems.  But they are.
        I have been using these guys since I first got onto the
internet, just a couple of months after they started.  Now may the time
for me to get a new access company.  I am open to recommendations.
                                               Ed K