[Rhodes22-list] hot water

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:58:51 -0800 (PST)

Rummy, I saw Anne's stove installation (installed by
GBI) and really liked it but it still requires a
second fuel (to buy and store) and still produces
flame.  The propane installation in the archives looks
really neat but then you have propane on board in a
confined space.  (I lived in a 32ft. Airstream for a
while, a whole different story, and really don't want
to fool with that).  Most of the KABOOMS I'm aware of
with batteries happened during jump starts, fast
charging, or really dumb stuff like; a buddy of mine
was flying a charter flight in a King Air and didn't
quite have enough battery to spool the engine up for
start about midnight in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas in the
middle of Winter.  He hiked to a nearby farmhouse and
talked the farmer into "jumpstarting" his airplane.
On the way back to the airport he realized that the
plane was a 24V system.  He thought, "what the heck,
volts is volts" and kept his mouth shut.  The farmer
was pretty excited to be involved in the whole process
until his truck lights went dim, the battery exploded,
and things got real dark and quiet.

Brad