[Rhodes22-list] genset mount

Fred Kaiser fkaiser@netreach.net
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 19:33:36 -0500

Rummy, The problem is with Carbon Monoxide.  While carbon dixoide is not
good, carbon monoxide is deadly.  Carbon monoxide is generated by any open
flame, more so in confined spaces.  The use of open flames for heating is
also a no no.  In an enclosed space, the amount of carbon monoxide
generated can be deadly.  It is odorless and tasteless.  Generators running
in an open area are not necessarily a problem particularly if the exhaust
does not concentrate in an enclosed area.  That has been the problem with
the house boats and the relative inclosed area beneath the swim platforms.

Fred Kaiser
Fretless
Swan Creek Marina, Rock Hall MD
Fort Washington PA