[Rhodes22-list] swimladder genset mount

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 17:13:49 -0800 (PST)

Rik, what I have is the mounting holes (filled with
the mounting bolts) where the ladder used to go.  West
Marine and everyone else has a swim platform/ladder
that would work for about $90.  If it can hold the
average American ass it should certainly hold the
Honda.  The cord run would actually be shorter and
could be secured to the cockpit railing.  A bungee or
two through the handle should be sufficient to hold
the genset in place.  The movement from the lazaret to
the swim platform and back would be short and low
(I've had back surgery before and don't want to
revisit that). I even thought about attaching a
platform to the railing like a BBQ grill but that
would be permanent and ugly.  If you look at the water
line and the height of the top step/platform I think
the height would be more than sufficient in all but
the worst anchor conditions.  Brad.