[Rhodes22-list] Maryland Marina Rhodes 22 - 2nd report

DeWald, Michael Roy DewalMR@TheLumberYard.com
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:57:20 -0500

I don't recall seeing a name on the hull. The owner is an Old Doctor who has
not used the boat for years.  The boat was very dirty and if the hull was
caved in I missed it. It was cold outside and the wife was rushing to get
home. The owner is asking $5100.00 which I think is very high. I think I
could buy it for a lot less, but the water in the cabin really concerned me.
It appeared to have been as much as 8" deep and may have been there for a
few years and may have frozen in winter.  The marina sales person said the
boat has been like this for a while. It was very similar to the boat Elton
took us out on in Annapolis.  What a shame to see a boat left in this
condition. I liked the marina and will probably put my Oday22 there next
year while my search continues.

Mike DeWald

-----Original Message-----
From: Trijc@aol.com [mailto:Trijc@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 7:17 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Maryland Marina Rhodes 22

Mike- If the RHodes you saw was named "Sanity Clause" Stan said he would not

take the boat as a recyle project. The hull on one side is caved in if I
remember right. It has not moved in the 3 years that I've sailed out of
Maryland Marina and I'm there a lot.
Middle river is a good place to sail from. A little crowded on weekends in
the river, but out on the bay, 2 miles away there's lot's of places to go.
Jim Harrison
Recess Middle River