[Rhodes22-list] **List Monitoring* long winded statement of opinin

Thena Carville thenacarville@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 05:24:07 -0600

I think many of us monitor both lists...I have to admit the amount of
e-mails is sometimes almost overwhelming, but it is easy to hit the "delete"
button...I find I have been doing it more often than ever lately...some of
us have complained that the "conservative" nature of some of the more vocal
persons on this list has been offensive to them...usually, in an instance
like this, you would think they would opt to leave the list and locate a
list with the same political/religious beliefs who also know about
boats...but instead, they choose to "teach" the ones who have been here for
a while the error of their ways...sigh...this may come as a shock to you,
but some of the  people are here because they have found kindred
spirits...people they like...and the list has become a community for just
that reason....now new people move into the community all the time and all
are welcome...you either become a part of the community and help to make it
bigger and better, or you move on...your choice...perhaps those who do not
like the "conservative" nature of the group would do better to build a
bigger and better list elsewhere...please feel free to do so...let us know
where it is and I am sure atleast a few people will join that list
also...the internet is a really big place and there is room for
everything....and a place for everything...I like the jokes...I like the
people...if you don't, why mess it up for me and the others who do like the
jokes and the people?...do you think you are improving the list?....making
it a better place?...we all have differences in opinion about many
things...we try to focus on the things that draw us together (the
boat/sailing) and some of us share our activities/lives with members of this
list...it has brought many members closer together and to encourage this,
others put untold hours into the running of this list...to thank him/them
you feel it necessary to tell them you don't like their political stance or
their sense of humor?....sigh...if you want to post your own jokes, post
them with the appropriate subject line.....please use those skills they
taught you in kindergarten...be nice....be considerate...try not to hog all
the crayons...don't kick or bite...make an effort to get along with
everyone...if you want to fight with someone, do it "off list" so the rest
of us don't have to get sucked into it....most of us would really appreciate
it...
Thena