Cookbooks (was Re: [Rhodes22-list] Cooking)

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:15:54 -0500

I'd like one. Not sure how much I have to contribute. We've gotten lazier
and lazier about cooking but I could probably find a few recipes that we've
tested. When we first started out cruising, the two cookbooks I found to be
most helpful were "The One Pan Gourmet: Fresh Food on the Trail" by Don
Jacobson and "The Two Burner Gourmet: The Cookbook for Cooking Far From
Home" by Terry L. Searfoss. Both of them were more helpful for the mindset
rather than the actual recipes, though I'll probably reread both of them
this winter looking for ideas. I think a Rhodes 22 cookbook would be fun -
especially the idea of testing recipes at gatherings. The only problem
might be that most of these recipes are hard to make in quantity - of
course everyone could make something different and we could all sample.
What I'm really looking for is a "no refrigeration" cookbook. One of our
library patrons was talking about one some church group had put together.
She was going to get me more information but didn't do it and I haven't see
her in a long time.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Swan Creek, MD / Ft. Washington, PA