[Rhodes22-list] Re: Cookbooks/ How bout a favorite drinks book also?

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:05:28 -0500

We have local recipes here in TN, they usually involve a back wood still
:-).  I prefer mine by the shot but my guests don't always seem to enjoy. I
do allow them to carry on their own beverages. In the old days many of the
roadside fireworks and produce stands also sold moonshine, for some reason
these places seem to be going away.

In TN we have the normal White Lightning (clear) shine, home grown grain
alcohol.  We also have the more expensive TN Sour Mash Shine that looks like
Jack Daniels (note: I did day looks like, not taste like). I recently
enjoyed some TN Shine that had a peach inside the mason jar, tasted like a
fruit brandy, well not really but it was good, well it wasn't good but it
was strong. Locals say if you eat the peach you will not be sick the next
day, actually you will likely get sick that night so there is some truth to
this.

I would be more than happy to share my drinking recipes but you will have to
sign a release form.:-)

Wally