[Rhodes22-list] Bunk Boards & Axles

Ware, Joseph W. joseph_ware@merck.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:56:04 -0500

Great on the deck, but make sure you have no more that the 12" centers.  I'd
go down to 10" for the couple of additional boards it will take.  Also, they
used stainless screws.  The ones my contractor used mushroomed the board
around the head.  I've seen, advertised, screws that are shaped differently
that don't cause that to happen.  I had to sand down the mushroom.

It cuts just like wood.  It is 1" thick, which might be part of the problem.
If it was 1-1/2" like 2 bys, who knows.  The railings are all vinyl covered.
No maintenance.  Gotta love it.

I want to hear if anyone used if for bunks.  I have heard from a trailer
manufacturer that is slides well, and you don't need to cover it.  But I
don't know any one that actually used it.  When my time comes to replace
them, I had thought of the same thing.

Joe
S/V Whisper

-----Original Message-----
From: Wally Buck [mailto:tnrhodey@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 11:49 AM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Bunk Boards & Axles

Joe,

That is what I was wondering, are you happy with it for your deck? I have
some new decking planned as well.

Wally

>From: "Ware, Joseph W." <joseph_ware@merck.com>
>To: "'The Rhodes 22 mail list'" <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
>Subject: RE: [Rhodes22-list] Bunk Boards & Axles
>Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:34:16 -0500
>
>Wally I had a deck built with the stuff.  They had to put the joists on 12"
>centers instead of the normal 16".  If I look close, I can see slight
>deflection in-between the 12" supports.  I'm not sure how this will relate
>to bunks for the boat, but it will deflect easily.
>
>Joe
>S/V Whisper

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.