[Rhodes22-list] Hey Rik, food for thought, literally!

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 06:07:12 -0800 (PST)

Rik, Even though my wife refused to sacrifice a
chicken for science doesn't mean she's not at all
interested in this project.  She suggested putting her
stir fry, etc. frozen in square plastic containers
that could stack in the top of the ice box (which
would help keep the beer cold, my idea, not hers).
Prep time would be about 3 minutes max in the nuker.
Because of the limited space on the turntable it might
take two or more cycles to feed a whole crew or to add
another course.  I would think one morning run on the
genset of 10 minutes (coffee, muffins, etc.) and
another 10 min. run at lunch or dinner should do it.
Assuming about 3 to 6 minutes of cook time out of a
ten minute run time that leaves 4 to 7 minutes of
idle.  If the microwave outlet were switched via a
relay/device? to divert genset output to the battery
charger that energy wouldn't be wasted.  As long as
you're pissing off the neighbors (because of better
food, not noise) you may as well have a fully charged
battery bank. Brad