[Rhodes22-list] Psycho-analysis

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:52:45 -0600

Brad,

Why,.... that's my little, warm, cuddly, alcoholic buddy :-)

No, really it's made by Origo and is an alcohol fired heater. Works like
their new stoves. No pressure, just a big can full of wick that will absorb
about a quart of alcohol then burns back off through a small opening in the
top. Has a snuffer to control the flame by partially covering/uncovering
the hole or puts it out by completely covering it. Looks kinda like an up
side down aluminum pail when it's put together. It can also double as a
portable stove in a pinch or if one went onto the beach or something.

Here's one at W/M
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=12130

Rik