[Rhodes22-list] Airstream Genset

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:50:59 -0800 (PST)

Ah ca'mon Rik, first I do all the heavy lifting on the
microwave and now you throw this curve ball!  I don't
even have an Airstream anymore!  The DC power center
went out on mine and I used an auto charger hooked
directly to the battery but then I never traveled and
didn't need the DC that much.  But, you got me to
worrying about the genset-boat battery charger
application so I'm in the middle of a test;  as we
speak the Honda is hooked up to an el-cheapo auto
charger connected to a deep cycle battery.  Its
drawing about 10 amps and the Honda didn't even rise
above idle.  When I turn it to 30 amps it barely
throttles up.  Thats what it should do on paper.  I
remember the DC power supply on my Airstream was huge
so maybe thats the problem.  Anyway, I have to go to
the Doctor in a few minutes so my head doesn't explode
from a sinus infection but the scientific inquiry will
continue! Tag, you're it.  Your turn to go to WalMart.
Brad.