[Rhodes22-list] Old Abe and Urban Legends

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:10:06 -0800 (PST)

MJM,

sic - used after printed word or passage to indicate
that it is intended exactly as printed or to indicate
that it exactly reproduces an original

sp - abbreviation meaning misspelled, usually written
in red, used my Ms. Laue, my third grade teacher to
make homework assignments look like they had the
chicken pox

garbled - (1) used on cockpit voice recorder (CVR)
transcripts and other private conversations of dead
people that are suddenly made public when the speaker
is talking about his girlfriend and not his wife, or
(2) e-mail from MJM after voice recognition software
(TIC)

Brad

=== message truncated ===