[Rhodes22-list] Hunting at anchor/ swing radius

Todd Tavares sprocket80@mail.com
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:28:51 -0500

   I am sure all of you seasoned sailors already know this formula ....
   Swinging Radius =
   LOA + [ (Rode length )2 - (Depth + Freeboard )2 ]1/2
   The bold numbers should be exponents... but I do not know how to get
   my text editor to type them.

   [1]http://www.sailingusa.info/swinging_radius.htm
   Todd

   ----- Original Message -----
   From: "Michael Meltzer"
   Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:29:33 -0500
   To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list"
   Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Hunting at anchor
   > just remember, you can try the techniques but be careful of going to
   sleep and being woken up with a bang :-)
   > what happened your boat will now not swing with the wind/tide like
   the other boat next to you(that might of got their after you went
   > to sleep)
   > can lead to al sort of fun. at least around me rally do you get an
   anchorage with your own 300 foot diameter circle so you have to

   http://www.boattraining.com/waterways/ww_spring00/technique_anchor.htm

   > > And, even though it doesn't really address anchor swing, I found
   "Where to
   > > keep your boat in a hurricane" a good read.
   > > http://www.southwindssailing.com/articles/0208/securingaboat.html
   > >
   > > Mark Kaynor

   Raven's hunting
   > > at
   > > and
   > > bow

   > > > Use Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

   > > Use Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

   Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at [2]Mail.com
   One click access to the [3]Top Search Engines