[Rhodes22-list] Hand held GPS- What unit to get?

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 06:30:43 -0800 (PST)

Dan, you might want to look at Peter Bennett's website
at vancouver-webpages.com/peter/.  It covers about any
question you might have about gps.  I personally like
a simple menu with the fewest features as most people
don't use 10% of their gps's abilities.  I've tested
my old Garmin against the Inertial Nav system on a
DC10 and its even more accurate.  Garmin intentially
restricted the speed readout to 99 knots so folks
would have to buy a more expensive aviation unit.
Shouldn't be a problem on the Rhodes 22 and if it is
you have bigger things to worry about than present
position.  Brad.