[Rhodes22-list] I'm Back

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:48:25 -0500

Glen, Rod and all

We made great time coming back. 16 1/2 hours door to door. Even made our
reservations for next year before we left, so now we have to go back :-)
:-) Sept 21 thru 28, 2003. Not that hell or high water could keep us away :-)

Speaking of high water, did you all notice that the lake level rose 2, 2
1/2 feet on Friday????? Wow, that's a ton of water.

Have to thank Doug Gardener for not only finding, but apparently building
the new Spitzer Invitational traveling cup. Can't tell you how thrilled I
am to have it sitting here on my bookcase. Great job Doug, it's gorgeous!!!
Now, if you all can just make it to the gathering next year. We missed you
there this time. Have to also thank Anne for making the arrangements for
the race and all the other things she does that we never see and let's not
forget John. He not only set the buoys and stuff, but waited out there 3
!/2 hour for us to get back around to finish. Thanks John. Anne, please let
John know how much we appreciate his help and wish him luck in his new job
for us. As for the plaques, I'm glad to see everyone liked the idea. Maybe
we can have a poll next year to decide what the most popular picture is to
stick on them. So, everyone get your pics posted somehow so we can all see
them.

Elton, I think I can speak for everyone when I say, we're all so glad you
were able to make it to our humble little get together. Bet that we'd never
see the builder of our boats, or his brother, at a gathering this size if
we had a Compac, Catalina, etc. I for one, really enjoyed our times
together. Sorry for getting you all wet though :-) :-) And while I don't
want to wish you any bad luck.......I hope it rains at that Mt. Clemons
show again next year so you'll have another truck load of great stuff for
us and our boats again next year :-) :-)

Can't think of a group of folks I've ever had a better time spending a week
with. Everyone is so helpful and cooperative and laid back. These last two
trips have just been a joy. And, can someone tell me how we managed to get
so many great cooks all together in one place???? It might be a good thing
these trips only last a week, any more and I'd turn into a little piglet
:-),.....might be worth it though :-).

All in all, I'd have to say that we had a very successful gathering (is
there a better word for this?) and I am certainly looking forward to doing
it again next year. Hope everyone who attended feels the same.

Now, looking forward to seeing all you midwestern Rhodies again at the
Chicago Strictly Sail in February.

Best Regards to all,
Rik