[Rhodes22-list] Hurricane Lili

R22RumRunner@aol.com R22RumRunner@aol.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:39:22 EDT

Ben,
Looking at the maps, that storm is about two hundred miles across. I'm not
sure that being 100 miles from the shore is still a safe place to be. I can
remember when I was in Vietnam, we used to take barb wire and tie the metal
roofs down to steel fence posts driven into the ground when a typhoon came
close.
I've never been in the South when we've taken a direct hit from a hurricane,
but even our being two hundred miles or so from the coast doesn't make me
feal warm and fuzzy when we're in their path. Good luck to all.

Rummy