[Rhodes22-list] NC and Mid Atlantic coastal Weather

Bill Berner dblbld@attglobal.net
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:26:33 -0400

Hey all you guys who live between New Bern and NY.

What is the typical weather (if there is such a thing) on the coastal
waters from late October to mid November.

A friend of mine is in the process of finalizing the purchase of a Hans
Christian 39 in New Bern, and has asked me to crew with him for the
passage up to NY.  We would depart NB either 10/22 or 11/17.

He will be hiring a prof. skipper. He and I would crew.

I see the trip with a coastal route at about 440 nm.  Averaging 5 kn
underway 24 hr/day at just less than 4 days. 4 hour watches w/ 4 on- 8
off, or 6 hr. watches 6 on -12 off.

What should I expect weather and wind wise.

Also, I'm interested in overall opinions of the prospect by those
familiar with the waters.

Thanks.

BB

Bill Berner