[Rhodes22-list] Genoa sheets pic 3

Ware, Joseph W. joseph_ware@merck.com
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 15:26:36 -0400

Thanks guys, sounds like I'm going with a single 70' green 1/2" line, and
PVC.  Green because my name graphics is green.  Now I have something I have
to buy at the Annapolis show.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Rik Sandberg [mailto:racerrik@rea-alp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 3:35 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Genoa sheets pic 3

Joe,

Yes, the short knotted piece is separate and is stitched to the center of
the two sheets, then whipped.

This way of attaching the sheets is essentially the same as the way it is
done on my boat now, except that instead of passing the small knotted end
through the loop in the middle of the sheets, I pull both working ends of
the sheets through the loop. No "knots" required. Not nearly as easy to
change head sails though. This hasn't mattered to me up till now, since I
have only had a 175 and never changed. But, if I add that UPS sail, easily
changing the sheets could become an issue.

By the way, my sheets (both) are blue.

Rik