[Rhodes22-list] Tow Vehicles

R22RumRunner@aol.com R22RumRunner@aol.com
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:09:56 EDT

Julie,
You can get by with a vehicle that has a V-6 engine, automatic transmission
with auxiliary cooling. The vehicle MUST be properly equipped to tow the
weight of the Rhodes. They are rated by GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating)
which is different from GVW (gross vehicle weight). GVWR includes the
vehicle, occupants, a full tank of gas and the vehicle to be towed. The
higher the GVWR, you get additional things like better brakes, tires, engine
cooling and a rear axle ratio for towing.
A good truck (SUV) salesman can tell you what type of vehicle you need. There
are differences in V-6 engines in horsepower and torque. I tow with a Dodge
Ram 1500 pickup with a V-6 and automatic. The transmission has a lockout
(electric button) for overdrive for towing. I have a class 3 hitch.
I also recently put new Michelin tires on with a Class E weight and
temperature rating. Tires with additional weight on them such as pulling a
trailer generate more heat.

Rummy..........I wonder if the Vikings will win a game this season. Go
Packers.