[Rhodes22-list] Help! My tongue is stuck!

Richard and Sherry Day dayz@lisco.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:18:55 -0500

Judy and Bill,
  Your Triad trailer tongue set-up must be different than my '77 Triad
trailer.  I have a permanent ball receptor hitch while my long extension
tongue hitch is positioned parallel to the side of the permanent hitch.  It
slides thru approximately two feet of square tubing  which is situated next
to the permanent trailer hitch and seats into a small section of  square
tubing at the back of the long extension tube.  Maybe by adapting this
set-up you might eliminate your problem.  Richard Day
-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org]On Behalf Of Bill Effros
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 5:35 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Help! My tongue is stuck!

Judy,

This happens to me every time.  Saltwater.

I coat the tongue with a Boeing product called B-9 which seems to minimize
the problem.  I also spray liberally with WD-40.  Then I break out the
hydraulic jacks.  I, too, generally store the tongue separately during the
winter.

I am thinking of getting a "shorty" tongue to insert for short-haul towing
instead of trying to use the long tongue in two different positions.

I will shortly have to face the problem again.  I'm not looking forward to
it.

Bill Effros