[Rhodes22-list] tongue stuck

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:50:24 -0400

Judy,
     I have a used '84, with a similar problem.  However, once I get it
out and grease it, it somewhat works.  The problem is getting it out to
grease it.  Instead of trying to get it all out at once, I start by
greasing the part that goes into the tunnel first.  Push it out until it
gets stuck, the grease the part that is out.  Push it back in the other
direction to get grease in the tunnel.  Then push it out again, back and
forth until it goes all the way.  I would say that mine is both rusted
and bent.  I use a 6 lb. hammer and bull pin to make mine move.  Once I
get it moving all the way, it usually works for the next couple of
weeks.  If I could figure a way to sand/grind the inside of the tunnel
and paint it with rust preventing paint, I suspect the problem would be
minimalized.
                                 Ed K