[Rhodes22-list] Dynamic Equilibrium Put Into Winter Storage

G & D Barrera dbarrera@attbi.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:58:07 -0500

Roger

You are really getting a good deal on storage.
Been checking for the last two weeks and the best price I've found is
$528/season for indoor. Outdoor storage with shrink wrap is apx.
$375-400/season. Both places apx. 45 min. away. Going for the indoor.
Be careful on that snowboard this season:)

Glen
ChickieBabe
Burnham Harbor
Chicago, IL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Pihlaja" <cen09402@centurytel.net>
To: <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 8:44 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Dynamic Equilibrium Put Into Winter Storage

Well, today I cleaned the boat for the final time, winterized it, & put it
into winter storage.  I store it at the Midland County Fairgrounds.  For a
mere $187, I can store the boat inside a secure, guarded facility until as
late as May 1, 2003.  Midland County rents out winter storage space inside
the buildings which are used for the animal, craft, and vender displays
during the annual county fair.  It's such a good deal that people come from
as far away as Detroit & Grand Rapids to store their summer toys at our
county fairgrounds.  I wish Midland County would restrict fairground access
to county residents thru the month of October because the available storage
space fills up so fast that I have to cut my sailing season a little shorter
than I would prefer.

It was only about 55 deg F & with a 10 - 15 knot wind this afternoon.
That's a little chilly & windy to be playing in the water.  But, at least
the job is done & NOAA weather radio is predicting snow flurries around here
this Wednesday.  So, I'm glad to have the boat safely tucked away in advance
of that!

Putting the boat into winter storage is sort of the last act of summer for
me.  I'm always sad to see summer end, but I enjoy fall & winter activities
as well.  So, it's time to move on.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium