[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 dimensions

Bill Effros bill@effros.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:06:58 -0400

Dan,

The funny thing is that from the cockpit you are never quite sure you are
going to make it until you are actually under it.  I've sailed in a Rhodes
under the George Washington Bridge.  From a distance you say ... "I'm not
sure..."

I trust charts.

When in doubt, let a larger boat precede you.

Bill Effros

----- Original Message -----
From: <mltroy@NetReach.Net>
To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 5:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 dimensions

If you sail in an area where there are charts available, all clearances over
waterway should be on those charts. Cruising and waterway guides can also be
useful. If you are unsure ask around, local knowledge can be helpful as well
but doublecheck against your charts. Don't mess with powerlines - make sure
there is a lot of clearance. If you will be ramp launching, remember to
check
for overhead obstructions like powerlines and tree limbs for the path
between
the spot where you raise the mast and the ramp.

Mary Lou
1991 R22  Fretless
Swan Creek, MD / Ft. Washington, PA