[Rhodes22-list] boat show recap

mltroy@NetReach.Net mltroy@NetReach.Net
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:39:32 US/Eastern

Mike,
Our Memorial Day get together was a lot of fun. We did a smaller one Labor Day
in the rain that was also a good time. Stick around this list and you'll be
welcome no matter what you sail.

In answer to your question the R22 handles big powerboat wakes as well as any
22 footer and probably better than most. If there is any wind at all she
handles them very well indeed, powering right through waves that might stop
other boats. We used to sail out of the Middle River which is well known for
the size of the powerboat "chop". While it wasn't exactly comfortable getting
tossed about, we always thought it was safe and we didn't get tossed about any
worse than any of the other boats under 28 feet or so.

Mary Lou