[Rhodes22-list] Boat Show Toys

William P. Barry, III wp.barry@att.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:45:43 -0400

Before we got the flashlight, we were going to get the LED clusters and plug them right into the existing light units, but first got the wrong size and found a better replacement. One of those DC lights that plug in. Has white, amber, and red. Works great out in the Boom Room.
    WIll Barry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wally Buck
  To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 1:28 PM
  Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Boat Show Toys

  Rik,

  I like LED lights as well. I have two single red ones that run on watch
  batteries. We hang one or two in the cabin or cockpit when it is dark. It is
  not very bright but you can see enough to set up bed, look for things in the
  cabin and so on. We hardly even used our cabin lights this year. I also have
  a white single on my key chain, quite handy.

  Wally

  >From: "Rik Sandberg" <racerrik@rea-alp.com>
  >To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
  >Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Boat Show Toys
  >Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:18:54 -0500
  >
  >Will and Mark,
  >
  >I got a little LED light called a PAL survival light from an outfit called
  >Deep Creek Design. It is a single, or maybe it's 3, can't remember,
  >blue/white led(s) that runs off a 9 volt battery. Fits in the palm of your
  >hand. Has 4 brightness settings, dim, which is on all the time, so it's
  >easy
  >to find, medium, bright, and a strobe setting. Once you put the battery in,
  >this light is always on in the low setting. Bought this light about 2 years
  >ago, right before our first trip to Ky Lake and it's been on ever since, on
  >the original battery. Pretty amazing. Cost about 25 bucks and isn't real
  >bright but enough to see what your doing if you don't need too much detail.
  >I keep it hanging by it's lanyard on my leatherman pouch so it's always
  >handy.
  >
  >Rik

  Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband. Join now!

  Name: rhodesundersail.jpg Type: image/pjpeg Size: 78557 bytes Desc: not available
ersail.bin