[Rhodes22-list] I have a stuiped question(maybe even rude)

G & D Barrera dbarrera@attbi.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:52:34 -0500

Michael

Chicago is just like NY, only...ok, they are pretty much the same (been to
NYC a couple times, good times).
"Windy City" was meant to dis the politicians and became a nickname. Yeah,
it's cold and sometimes windy in the winter, but NY gets the same.
It's a great city. Plenty of things to do and things to eat. Dorene and I
grew up on the south side, moved to the burbs, and love having our boat
downtown.
Even the suburbs are within 45min of downtown and the lake (excluding rush
hour).
You have to visit to love it.
Downside...Bears, Cubs/White Sox, Bulls...

Glen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Meltzer" <mjm@michaelmeltzer.com>
To: <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 7:35 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] I have a stuiped question(maybe even rude)

Ok. I talking to a recruiters today, I am wanted by a hedge fund, good pay
and growth but am I willing to move to Chicago(btw they listed it as NY to
draw people in, sneaky basters), now the only thing I know about chicgo
comes from the blues brothers, ER and my mother who says it cold and windy.
You have to remember the only thing before today west of PA for me was LA.
Beside the short sailing session would any one move from nyc to thier?

MJM

ps. have not even gone out thier for a interview so who know even if this is
going anywhere, but this fund has come up in the past, the need to hire
thier skill sets out of NY.