[Rhodes22-list] I have a stuiped question(maybe even rude)

anima anima@apex.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:13:41 -0500

Micheal,
Chicago. It would take a little adjustment for you, for sure.
Although I am a hick, I dearly wanted to be from/get to a
big city and I did. I spent most of my 20s on the East coast
(early 70s). Everyone always thought I was from NY!
(Imagine the swelling head of gal from tiny town So Minnesota!)
Chicago will seem very Midwest to you and likely seem a little
slower. I do think you could easily adjust and decide after a
year or so that it is very acceptable, particularly for the girls.
Oddly, you may have more trouble with Karin's (sp?) adjustment.
Be sure to take her on the exploration trip.
I am a big fan of food, cooking etc. Chicago is very diverse for this.
Lots of the culture things with the Art Institute and multiple others.
I would encourage you to go for the objective "look-see" at any
rate.
To me you are hardcore East Coast, but you might be surprised
and pleased. I do think it would take a while, however.
Anne