[Rhodes22-list] I have a stupid question(maybe even rude)

Paul Grandholm paul@mi.chtechnology.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:53:04 -0400

Michael,

     I love Chicago.  I used to live in the Northwest and Western Suburbs
at various points in time.  It's a great city.  The only reason we moved
was because we decided we liked the country life better than the city
life.  However, it's still the closest big city to where we live so we
still feel a part of it and can get there in about an hour.  Many
Chicagoans keep weekend homes in this area.

     As far as any city is concerned, I've traveled all over the country
and have been to just about all of them.  They all have their pluses and
minuses / strengths and weaknesses / good sections and bad sections.  I
can even find good places in Cleveland & Detroit, if you can believe it.
I just found that you have to learn what and where those places are and
try to stay in the good sections and avoid the bad (as I said, just like
any city).

     As far as sailing, in my opinion, the normal season is from mid May
to mid October.  You can probably stretch that to from early May to late
October if you're an extremist.  You may want to consider adding a 175%
genoa to your sail inventory for those light air mid summer days.  I
prefer fresh water to salt water, so that is a plus in my mind.  The only
negative that I can think of is that there aren't a lot of interesting
places to gunkhole unless you go to the Northern half of Lake Michigan.
Hey, I just realized you could be the first Rhodes 22 in the Chicago to
Mackinac race.

     I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't at
least check it out.  Hope this helps.

Paul

>Ok. I talking to a recruiters today, I am wanted by a hedge fund, good pay=
 and growth but am I willing to move to Chicago(btw they listed it as NY to draw people in, sneaky basters), now the only thing I know about chicgo comes from the blues brothers, ER and my mother who says it cold and windy. You have to remember the only thing before today west of PA for me was LA. Beside the short sailing session would any one move from nyc to thier?

>MJM
>
>ps. have not even gone out thier for a interview so who know even if this=
 is going anywhere, but this fund has come up in the past, the need to hire thier skill sets out of NY.

Paul Grandholm
C&H Technology
GrandPower Components Div.