[Rhodes22-list] I have a stuiped question(maybe even rude)

Ronald Lipton lipton@sprynet.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:22:59 -0500

If you work downtown you will probably sail more than ever.  Monroe harbor
is
a 15 minute walk from the exchanges.  It is also right next to Grant park
with almost
weekly festivals (blues, jazz, air and water show ...).  We met some friends
for the
jazz festival last summer, took in some afternoon concerts, took a sail with
the kids
and came back for the evening concerts.  The drawback of Monroe Harbor is
that it
is all moorings.  You have to wait for a tender to take you to your boat (or
store a
dingy on the shoreline). The plus side is that moorings are fairly cheap
(~$700) and
they include a parking pass at the adjacent underground garage and two
tender
passes. If you want a slip you have to pay a bit more at Burnham harbor.  It
is a
longer walk or a short cab ride.  However there is a waiting list for slips
and moorings
should be available.  We live in Oak Park, the first suburb west of Chicago.
It is a
~20 minute "el" ride downtown and then a 10 minute walk to the Harbor.  We
also
have a summer place in Michigan City, Indiana. I will probably sail out of
there
next year and move back to Monroe when I feel like another change of scene.

Ron Lipton
Empress of Blandings
Monroe Harbor
Chicago, Il