[Rhodes22-list] I have a stuiped question(maybe even rude)

Bill Effros bill@effros.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:55:07 -0400

Michael,

I like Chicago, but it's not New York.

That cuts both ways.  The architecture is much better.  You can sail during
your lunch hour.  (Why isn't there more recreational sailing around New York
City?)  It's substantially colder.  It's clearly mid-western.  The ethnic
mix is different.

You could love it, but you'll always be a New Yorker living in Chicago.
That has been enough to bring many New Yorkers back from Chicago even though
they really like the city.  The winters are tougher and longer.

Bill Effros

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Meltzer" <mjm@michaelmeltzer.com>
To: <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:35 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] I have a stuiped question(maybe even rude)

Ok. I talking to a recruiters today, I am wanted by a hedge fund, good pay
and growth but am I willing to move to Chicago(btw they listed it as NY to
draw people in, sneaky basters), now the only thing I know about chicgo
comes from the blues brothers, ER and my mother who says it cold and windy.
You have to remember the only thing before today west of PA for me was LA.
Beside the short sailing session would any one move from nyc to thier?

MJM

ps. have not even gone out thier for a interview so who know even if this is
going anywhere, but this fund has come up in the past, the need to hire
thier skill sets out of NY.