[Rhodes22-list] UPS Revisited

R22RumRunner@aol.com R22RumRunner@aol.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:28:54 EST

Tom,
I have the IMF and 175 and go wing on wing on a regular basis. Your comment
that the IMF main sail is worthless is inaccurate to say the least. Use the
IMF to feed air from the main to the Genoa and you will keep the 175 full,
even without a pole. It takes a little skill that can be developed by sailing
this way on a regular basis. I have a pole, but prefer not to use it unless
the air is so light that I can't keep the sails full. When that happens, I
prefer to park and drink rather than drift aimlessly.

Rummy