[Rhodes22-list] UPS Revisited

Rik Sandberg racerrik@rea-alp.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:31:59 -0600

Ed,

I would show you how I learned about the mount points of this sail, but I
have either misplaced the posts, deleted them, or other wise lost them. Or,
they're on the computer at the house, don't know which it is.

In, I believe it was Tom's original post on the subject, he described how
the sail was mounted behind the stock furler on it's own padeye. The comment
was also made at the time about how this installation cleared the vent and
having had GB add the additional padeye to the deck. He's got it on his boat
already, I don't know why I wouldn't believe him when he tells us how it's
mounted.

I guess The Doyle rep. may have told you how "he thought" this should be
done, not necessarily how it has to be done.

I guess Doug G. is the only one who can clear this up right now. It has been
said that he has some pictures of the installation.

Tom,
Down wind, wing&wing, in light air, I also use the main as Rummy describes,
simply to help fill the genny. It makes a BIG difference. When you get that
big genny to finally fill and stand up like it is supposed to, you can feel
the boat "take off". The whisker pole helps, but the sail is still pretty
heavy for a 3-4 MPH breeze.

Rik